Advice needed; Bonhams, Stafford

timell

Forum User
VOC Member
New member here :). Having yearned for a Vincent since riding pillion on my uncle's Rapide in the 60's aged 7, and after working my way through Brit, Japanese and finally German bikes, I've finally got the wherewithal and time to justify owning a Vincent. Budget will probably only stretch to a single or maybe a project twin, and due to a bad flying accident while in the RAF, I will need a sidecar and electric start, but I note Bonham's are listing a couple of potentially suitable bike's and would like to ask if any members will be attending the show/auction (I know the club has a stand there) and if so, would they possibly be able to spend a bit of time giving me some advice on the bikes I'm interested in? I'm, by no means an expert and want to ensure I don't make any mistakes o_O. My email: timell1@yahoo.co.uk Many thanks, Tim

timell

Forum User
VOC Member
Indeed! I was very lucky and am now the proud owner of a 1950 Comet/Watsonian outfit :)......now the work begins! Thanks to all the Vincent enthusiasts and VOC members I met at the auction, your advice was invaluable...particularly Herve, Stuart, Charlie and Andrew.

Chris S

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Welcome aboard! I got my twin 3 years ago and have had great fun enjoying the Vincent camaraderie and have made some great new friends along the way.
As for keeping my Rapide as good as possible, well that’s a labour of love and very rewarding.
Have fun and stay safe.
Chris Smart

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Pay close attention to the final drive sprocket a few teeth up from standard was very benificial to my comet and that was only pulling a trials chair (you can always fit two)

John J

New Forum User
VOC Member
Tim, congratulations on your purchase, I was out bid on the Stein sidecar so for me the search goes on
Regards
John

timell

Forum User
VOC Member
Tim, congratulations on your purchase, I was out bid on the Stein sidecar so for me the search goes on
Regards
John

Thanks John and good to meet you there. I saw the Steib went for almost double it's estimate....! Meanwhile, the Comet's booked in for it's electric shifter and a local forum member is coming over next week to help me service it :). Can't wait to get it on the road (I've joined the RAC ;)). Hopefully see you at the National meeting.

John J

New Forum User
VOC Member
Tim,
you may have seen from the January MPH that a Steib has been acquired, and will be ready for the Austrian Part of the International Rally. Are you going? how is your Comet and chair coming along?