Advantage in drilled cam gears ET157/1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well someone has to say this and it might as well be me. Strange!! Sad new world really. If I thought that Mr Tragle knew something that no one else does then perhaps it would be worth paying him. From his postings he seems to be ill and pompous. He has told us that we would not be able to understand what he could write in a 300 page book. Well I for one doubt that. No matter how fine an engineer he is, or has been, it is sheer nonsense to suppose that there is no one else on this forum who has the capability to understand mechanical engineering matters at this level. If he cannot explain things in such a way that at least some of us can understand them then that probably says more about his ability to write clearly than it does about the rest of us. As for the speed he claims he has achieved with a fully equiped road bike then one has to ask what is it that the rest of us have failed to understand over 60 years that he has discovered. There have been some very fine engineers involved with developing Vincents over the years and I do not know of any who claim his prowess or his speeds. A uniformed mental defective with a radar speed gun is not the same as a properly timed run over a properly measured distance. Politeness and an unwillingness to offend a person who is mentally ill has persuaded some of not to respond to his provocations in a like manner to his rantings. Enough. Either put up or shut up Rip. Of course non of we older people can do what we could 50 years ago but we sure as hell are able to tell people what we did do and how we did it.

Last edited:

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
As a simple matter of courtesy nobody tells anyone what they are going to do for them unless they outrank you in the army or your are in jail. It's a social no-no you understand.
So I am suggesting to you very politely just now to not try to involve me in your motorcycle plans because that takes my time and I am doing other things. However, if you believe you need my
written technical advice that badly I work for $200 an hour. So write what you want me to do in a letter..... I will charge depending on how long it takes me to answer it and bill you accordingly.
When payment is recieced you will receive the information you have paid for.

Well if i have to pay for it? Can you at least check your spelling before you send the answer back?
Thanks mate .
Cheers
brt650

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Gents,
The title of this thread is related to advantages of drilled cam gears. I suggest that it has drifted too far. If you want to discuss private commercial arrangements can you do it by private message or exchange email addresses for your correspondence. Thank you.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by riptragle1953
" As a simple matter of courtesy nobody tells anyone what they are going to do for them unless they outrank you in the army or your are in jail. It's a social no-no you understand.

So I am suggesting to you very politely just now to not try to involve me in your motorcycle plans because that takes my time and I am doing other things. However, if you believe you need my
written technical advice that badly I work for $200 an hour. So write what you want me to do in a letter..... I will charge depending on how long it takes me to answer it and bill you accordingly.
When payment is recieced you will receive the information you have paid for."

brt650 posted.
"Well if i have to pay for it? Can you at least check your spelling before you send the answer back?
Thanks mate .
Cheers
brt650"

highbury731

VOC Member
I started this string. It seems to have run its course, and has become rather bad-tempered. I propose it be closed.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thread closed at the request of the person who started the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.