PR: Proprietary Items Acewell speedometers

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sent an email to technical support at Acewell on Sunday without much hope, but at lunchtime I had a reply (On a Sunday!) asking me to look for an undocumented (in the normal downloaded instructions) p prompt after the c for circumference, evidently p is used for the number of pulses before increment so if you had a 4:1 gearbox drive p=4 when I found p it was set 011 not 001( so my guess that indicated 4mph was 50mph was about right). Now of course its too wet to test it out, but I think that's it. Thanks for your suggestions and full marks to Acewell technical support, why cant big software firms be proactive like that instead of relying on FAQ by bystanders.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Finally, the August weather has allowed me to ride the Egli and the speedo is spot on :D So now I await the Harley mute to let the village chickens to start laying eggs again:rolleyes:. The gearing is wrong but its a Newby belt drive, Norton box and the Grimeca rear wheel was in the frame when it had the racing twin in it (its a 1000 Egli frame with a big bore Comet engine) but I think I have some sprockets from racing.
And again guys thanks for those remarks about kick starting I get to compression ease it over and move the starter down almost to the end of its swing then first kick it starts.o_O
And you know what? that 34mm Mikuni is untouched just as it came set up from Allens and it ticks over like a steam roller.
Its under 50 miles on the clock so far but its getting sorted.