A: Oil Pipework A65 Oil hose

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I use regular fuel/oil hose from the auto parts store. I also tend to use banjos on the engine unless I have an old collapsed oil pipe I can cut off.

I buy a brass pipe bushing for the UFM and cut the threads off and run the correct die down it to install it in the oil tank. I install a male barb the correct size for the hose in the bushing. (Can be seen in second photo). Almost all the small parts for the racers have to made up or salvaged. The good parts go to the street bikes.
100_0488.jpg

I believe that is a 1/2" hose on the feed and a 5/16" hose on the scavenge to match the pipes on the head.
100_1590.jpg

I try to match things up, but you can get away with a slight mismatch, but not a large one.
100_1531.jpg

David

Cyborg

VOC Member
Works for me, so perhaps something to do with you being on the wrong side of the pond? You could try going to greenlinehose.com and enter ABA into the search function.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I think the oil lines on my 1948 Rapide are original, since I have had it since 1974, and the lines have ferrules on them. If replaced in USA back before then, and the love this bike was getting, they would have hose clamps, not ferrules. Anyway, they are not Herringbone, although they are rough not smooth, with the appearance that they were wrapped in cloth (like rough bed sheet material) in the mold and the cloth was removed after they were made. I hope that makes sense.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is what I use with a pair of blunted pincers I think the UK name is double eared O clips
1540364505928.png

they come in various sizes once again its worth saying again that we are not dealing with modern oil pressures or even pre unit triumph oil pressures