A: Oil Pipework A65 Oil hose

Mr. Boring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Add these to the mix for holding hoses. May not be the best in all applications but with a barbed fitting they look very tidy.
41d3+lC3XRL__SL500_AC_SS350_.jpgHF2018.jpg1956 BSA Goldstar Clubman DBD34G motor LeMay ACM.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Normski

Non-VOC Member
Here is what I use with a pair of blunted pincers I think the UK name is double eared O clipsView attachment 24548
they come in various sizes once again its worth saying again that we are not dealing with modern oil pressures or even pre unit triumph oil pressures
Pliers for squeezing up CV boot clips are quite cheap to buy and make a good job crimping these. They push against the flats of the ear at the same time as squeezing the side.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
The ferrules to the 5/16 oil lines on my 1948 Rapide have 2 crimps on opposite side, running most of the length of the ferrule (not around the ferule). The ferrules are gray in color, not brass, although they could be brass that has been plated with cadmium or zinc or something.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Yes. What tool did you use to make them? I added a photo of one of my oil lines (you can see the texture) and its ferrule. My fuel lines were replaced long ago with the clear plastic fuel line of the day (early 70s), and they are now yellow-brown, very hard, and non-flexible (and no ferrules or clamps on them).

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 47