spaghetti.jpg
Tim,
You're a genious, but use CO2!:rolleyes:View attachment 12238
Is this the same as the spaghetti tree where spaghetti grows

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Looks like we are drifting away from the topic "Hose". Pull your socks up and back on topic.;)

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Well, I went to the second option and added a length of 7/16 stainless steel tubing to make up the difference, and it seems to fit well, if not strictly original. I am posting a picture not because of that but to illustrate the two kinds of "herringbone" hose I am using. These are both new old replacement stuff that I had in my box of rebuild purchases from a couple of decades ago. The larger one does indeed replicate a fabric cover, while the smaller is more stylized. I can't remember where I got them.

Ron
P1070002 (1024x766).jpg

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I installed automatic transmission cooler hose at least 17 years ago and it is doing well and it has a bit of a herringbone pattern on it. It was a chore to slip over the tubing, but possible.

oil hose.jpg

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I installed automatic transmission cooler hose at least 17 years ago and it is doing well and it has a bit of a herringbone pattern on it. It was a chore to slip over the tubing, but possible.

Thanks Bruce. (I think I need to work very hard on "patina" starting next spring, but I am not sure I have 17 more years for that perfect effect.) :cool:

Chris.R

VOC Member
An interesting conversation I have the herringbone fuel pipe from Feked .com but still need the short length of 3/8" 7/16" as noted on VOC parts co site in same. My 54 Comet has herringbone fitted but is over 30 year old the bike having been in a museum standing for 30 years. Perhaps we should get together when a length is found and buy between us. I understand the metric imperial argument and at the moment am confused over the issue of Shims and Nilos seals for my wheels are mine metric or imperial how would I know.

Chris

Chris.R

VOC Member
The VW tip is a good suggestion. Reproductions seem to be a good way to retire. After a lot of looking I found 7/16 ID herringbone hose advertised at

http://www.walridge.com/documents?pdf=2013.pdf

But at $19.25 a foot plus shipping! and some was on Ebay for $95 for 5 feet. I think I will try my idea to insert a formed 7/16 SS tube in my almost long enough piece for now. Is the parts list designation as 3/8 ID instead of 7/16 an error?

And yes you can 3D print a rubber like substance that can be used for seals and hoses. Ain't science wonderful....

http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheettext.aspx?matguid=832e6f0545a24d2b93cc6871570d1034

Ron
Looks like the www.walridge.com web site has vanished comes up as page not found
Chris