A

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Stephen and Sue are great hosts, and of course very nice folks also, did you get see the amazing greenhouse and produce, and the huge biomass boiler that heats everything, including the huge greenhouse, it is fascinating what can be grown in what is a fairly hostile climate.

Hope your riding holiday was good Bob.

Peter

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Yes, Stephen very kindly gave me the full tour..The greenhouse is amazing and the biomass boiler and associated piping is a tour de force.
Riding the NC500+++ was worth the covid induced wait!
The bike has been returned to Kirkcaldy Kawasaki, now we are going to pick up a car and give my sister a wee tour of the highlands..
Try listening to Bob Dylan's song Highlands whilst pottering along.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Tenuous link, If you enjoy riding your Vincent in the Highlands of Scotland, and you are of a certain age, and you enjoy the music of Bob Dylan, then there is a song you should listen to, Wild Mountain Thyme, it has been recorded by Bob Dylan several times, once or twice with Joan Baez, but by far the better version in by Roger McGuinn, ex of The Byrds, and Richard Thompson (there is the tenuous link to Dylan) the Byrds did very well out of Dylan songs. Available on Youtube, I would put a link on here if I knew how to.

But the best version of Wild Mountain Thyme I ever heard was at a Ceilidh in Portree, probably at the time of the Skye Rally, sang by Sam, a Calmac Ferry man, excellent, at the time I purchased the CD, and still have it and always take to Scotland with me.