A Thank you from Russell & Debbie

VinParts

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
For those of you who don't know, we had a nasty crash on the Black Shadow last Monday in Belgium on the way home from an otherwise fantastic Dutch Rally. We were both very lucky to escape with relatively minor injuries considering we were scattered across a busy motorway. Russell hurt his shoulder and knee, whilst Debbie fractured her ankle and has a leg in plaster. We won't know what caused the accident until the bike makes it back home, though it is looking fairly poorly after barrell-rolling down the road at speed.

We would like to thank everyone who has sent us cards and kind messages, we really appreciate it. An extra special thank you must go to Peter and John Appleton who followed us to the hospital and stayed with us all day, missing their ferry in the process. John then went home and got his car to pick us up from Harwich and drove us all the way home to Wales - a true friend.

Russell Kemp & Debbie Smith

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Bad luck. Get well soon. Glad you both survived.

For those of you who don't know, we had a nasty crash on the Black Shadow last Monday in Belgium on the way home from an otherwise fantastic Dutch Rally. We were both very lucky to escape with relatively minor injuries considering we were scattered across a busy motorway. Russell hurt his shoulder and knee, whilst Debbie fractured her ankle and has a leg in plaster. We won't know what caused the accident until the bike makes it back home, though it is looking fairly poorly after barrell-rolling down the road at speed.

We would like to thank everyone who has sent us cards and kind messages, we really appreciate it. An extra special thank you must go to Peter and John Appleton who followed us to the hospital and stayed with us all day, missing their ferry in the process. John then went home and got his car to pick us up from Harwich and drove us all the way home to Wales - a true friend.

Russell Kemp & Debbie Smith

Intrepid

New Forum User
VOC Member
Snap (sorry, Debbie)

Edna and I were sorry to hear about your accident in Belgium. We hope you are both recovering well and getting over the shock. Like you say, you certainly get to know who your friends are at times like these. We have been inundated with phone calls, emails, texts, cards and offers of help since my accident. People are so generous.

Kind regards

Bill and Edna Hedley

len.c

Non-VOC Member
Hi Russell and Debbie, very sorry to read about your accident,Hope you are on the mend,Best wishes ,Len.c

A

alan wright

Hi Russ and Debbie, really sorry to hear of your accident and sincere wishes for a full and complete recovery. The good news is that parts for people are easier to find than parts for Shadders but you may know of a half decent dealer for Vin-Parts ( geddit ???!!!) Love and best wishes from Al and Annie in SW France

Trevor Rowlands

Non-VOC Member
Russell And Debbie,
Sorry to hear about your accident, all the very best from the Merseyside And North Wales section,
Trevor Rowlands.

Albervin

VOC Member
Bike Broke and feeling sore

Russ and Debbie, heartfelt commiserations from someone who has been down the road on a Vincent and suffered the pain and expense. It was "only" a Comet but the damage at a mere 40 mph was massive, both to the bike and me. A broken shoulder blade and cracked knee with a side serve of 4 broken ribs was my toll so take it easy Deb and get the whip cracking on Russell for that cup of tea! Unless "hurt" translates to broke, in which case Debbie can get the tea!:rolleyes:

Debbie Kemp

VOC Member
Thank you

Thanks again for all your kind messages. I must admit, I have found no need for the whip - Russell has been a real gem, struggling through the pain to juggle work, cooking and waiting on me hand and foot. I have been thoroughly spoiled!:eek:

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
A big thank you to everyone who has sent get well soon messages. The bike came back today and I have put some photos in the uncategorised 2011 section.

Crash 2011 041.jpg