A question about UK addresses

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I googled SN8 2HR and came up with Crowood Press.
Yes I agree but this is the relationship shown on google maps which is where my 'Field' came from
1580976640921.png

And here is a section of what 3 words screen with a 3 word location 3 meter square, you can see how good it would be for say the VMCC relay rally check points (and I guess drone attacks :eek:)

1580976928240.png

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Further on this topic, I've now found that various publishers of "modern" books (i.e. post-2000) located in the England portion of the UK (e.g. London) use four forms of identification for the country of publication. In no particular order these are:

England
UK
Great Britain
nothing beyond the post code

It appears from this that the English have unresolved identity issues. I wonder if the publishers that list only the postal code actually know what country they're in (the UK) but are afraid to state it for fear of offending potential customers who have yet to come to terms with the recent formation of the UK (in 1922) and insist they live in another country (e.g. England).

vibrac

VOC Member
The way things are going Wessex,Mercia,and Danelaw will be the terms used let alone England, (Oh and Northumbria if the Scott's don't invade.)

Albervin

VOC Member
Back to reality. There are countries and there are states, empires and territories. England, Scotland and Wales are countries BUT not independent. Northern Ireland is way too difficult to discuss on this forum.. So England is a country that was formed by the merger of various "kingdoms" as are Wales and Scotland. They were each united upon themselves by marriage and war. Then it became very interesting !! The Normans decided they had primogeniture and Harold was slain. Fast forward to the Tudor period. In fact they were the Twdors (sp). The Welsh bastards. Henry VII had a Welsh accent. Then we move on to the Stuarts who were Scottish. And then on to the Germans. Where was I? If the major wars and revolutions had not occurred we would now have a wonderful Euro governed by the same family, all speaking the same language.
So, England is a country. Great Britain is an island consisting of three countries. The United Kingdom is a state consisting of four countries.
I will now stand back and try to stay quiet.
Cymru am Byth

timetraveller

VOC Member
Just to make it clear, This is not my dream, I regard Brexit as more of a Nightmare but then we are not supposed to get into politics on this forum.