A mith

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you are contemplating raising the compression ratio on your vin and when doing so you have been told you will loose a portion of the ability of the mag to jump the gap due to a higher density air due to compression is maybe a little true but most likely you will also be increasing the lift and more importantly the duration of the cam . The normal path when all these changes are made is to raise the octane of fuel choice. So with a 40 degree spark advance possible with 100 octane , and the long duration of a racing cam which reduces the effective compression cycle . These two changes often brings the density figure at time of ignition below the figure of a stock Vin M/C.

Cheers------ Max

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I saw a pleasant looking mith today, and was going to introduce myself to her, but then, out of the corner of my eye I saw her husband glaring at me..he was, in fact, her mithter..

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Sniggering at anothers weakness would be in poor tathte..One might gently "rib" another, but then one must expect the same gentle ribbing in return.."Gentlemanly" is the guiding sense at all times, surely.