A mith

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Max, you have posted over 500 times in less than 3 months which also makes you the most prolific poster by a massive margin. The data for "likes" is from when the forum was upgraded late last year. There are/were many who have posted over the years who have probably accumulated far more "likes" or "thanks" but then I never thought it was a competition. I admit I got caught up in the word games earlier but it was a bit of light relief from the continuous, and I have to say unpleasant, need to monitor all of your posts. I think that I have come to the end of my tether and will step down as a moderator for the time being. You may think that I, and the other moderators have been vindictive towards you but that is not the case at all. You alternate between a dedicated Vincent owner and a petulant child; an aggressive pit bull and an injured kitten. You turn arguments around to suit you and make derisive comments about others. There are some people on this forum who are world leaders in their field of expertise but they go about their business quietly not seeking accolades but always willing to share their knowledge, you are always talking about your liner and your attempts, hardly ever any mention about the others who do so much work. Finally I would like to say your reply to Russ concerning the death of Alisdair Lord was poor. While I truly do sympathise with you on the loss of your daughter, you knew neither Norman nor Alisdair or the relationship between Russ and the Lords.
Sorry to inflict this on all the members of the club who don't give a rat's about Max or me.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Max, you have posted over 500 times in less than 3 months which also makes you the most prolific poster by a massive margin. The data for "likes" is from when the forum was upgraded late last year. There are/were many who have posted over the years who have probably accumulated far more "likes" or "thanks" but then I never thought it was a competition. I admit I got caught up in the word games earlier but it was a bit of light relief from the continuous, and I have to say unpleasant, need to monitor all of your posts. I think that I have come to the end of my tether and will step down as a moderator for the time being. You may think that I, and the other moderators have been vindictive towards you but that is not the case at all. You alternate between a dedicated Vincent owner and a petulant child; an aggressive pit bull and an injured kitten. You turn arguments around to suit you and make derisive comments about others. There are some people on this forum who are world leaders in their field of expertise but they go about their business quietly not seeking accolades but always willing to share their knowledge, you are always talking about your liner and your attempts, hardly ever any mention about the others who do so much work. Finally I would like to say your reply to Russ concerning the death of Alisdair Lord was poor. While I truly do sympathise with you on the loss of your daughter, you knew neither Norman nor Alisdair or the relationship between Russ and the Lords.
Sorry to inflict this on all the members of the club who don't give a rat's about Max or me.

Albervin,

I'd hate to see you pull out of your moderators role, I believe all of the forum moderators have a thankless job, I think you and the others have been even handed in all the time this forum has operated.

Please reconsider.

Chrish

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member

I feel the same way, the only regret I have is that this will leave Graham in the lurch -Graham- please accept my humble apologies

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
When I ask about becoming a moderator at one time, if I remember correctly Graham mentioned that , I think the number was 9 moderators all over the world , he said that he would put me on a list of volunteers for the job. The numbers might be off but that is how I remember it.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Things are getting a bit silly, when moderators feel the need to resign from a friendly forum for "grown-ups" that shouldn't need moderators in the first place.
That certainly should be true. Unfortunately, though, moderators definitely are needed on internet forums because there always seems to be someone who doesn't understand the difference between an exchange of differing views and a bar fight, no matter how many times it is pointed out to them:
PS in the navy when you are out numbered, close your eyes and start swinging, sorry if you took one that you didn't deserve.
I'm not an umpire. But if I were, in the interests of preserving this forum as a friendly place for grown-ups I already would have called 'Strike 2' and firmly warned the batter that it's three strikes and you're out.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Would anybody like to discuses the thread ( a myth ) or will this remain a trash can for hate promoters?:(
OK, I was reluctant to mention it because it might seem like piling on, but since since you are calling me a "hate promoter," in the thread you started on Thursday "Just Wondering" you wrote:
A Chines fellow about that time started building a Vincent, ... the Chinaman showed and complained ... the Chinaman ask for his check back, .
The late Bernard Li is the guy you are obviously talking about. Although he was born in China he was brought to America when he was only a few months old so was every bit as much an American as either of us. No matter what, the term "Chinaman" is totally offensive and under no circumstances has it been acceptable to use that term for decades, any more than it is to use "the N word" to refer to a black person, or any other racial or ethnic epithet. So, please don't accuse me of being a "hate promoter" for doing my part to make this a civil forum to read and post.