A Milestone…

G

Graham Smith

In 2007 - a few months after I took over as MPH Editor, I set about sorting out a new forum facility for the Club.

As far as I can remember we went live on 7th May 2007, and the first few people joined that evening.

This is the announcement that I put in MPH back in April 2007…

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 14.42.37.jpg

It has undergone many design changes over the years and has transformed into much more than just a forum, but all the threads and posts from the early days are still there.

If you follow this link…

https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/forums/

…bottom right, you’ll see that today, we have an incredible 3472 members, and amazingly, this is our 10,000th thread.

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 18.41.59.jpg

I’m incredibly proud of our forum, not because I set it up, but because all the information/photos/technical articles that we post will be available for future generations.

Long may it continue!

Graham

PS - The following link was, I think our first thread… https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/threads/first-post.32

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Graham,
Many thanks for doing all you do. MPH is extremely good, but this forum is excellent. Not only because of the exchange of information, but because of the camaraderie that results from inter-action here. I'm not a fan of social media at all, but I think this forum is the one place in all of creation where it actually does what it is supposed to do. Very well done.
Steven

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
It's like going down the pub meeting up with like minded folk and learning lots of things that you thought you knew lots about. It's almost compulsory although her in doors thinks it's a wast of time. Yet I think it's compensation for being at sea all my working life and missing out on section meets & rallies which I did "all" before going to sea 1968. Just an excuse to ride and check up that I'm not the only stupid bastard still riding a comfortable Dinosaur bending in the middle and economical .
bananaman

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I helped Tony Milbourn enter the postal reply's to the membership survey and there are still a heap of members who cant get into the forum some cant get to grips with the computer but some can google on their PC or mobile and thats it.
Perhaps our new years resolution should be to get a member who isnt on line to get there.