E: Engine 90 Bore Low Compression Look

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am looking for a source of 90 bore pistons specifically I am looking for a low compression on to use in my road comet which has an old racing engine as a motive source I can get one made by venola who made my methanol one but if there is a UK source my bore has only had a racing life so has no wear I can see but 10 or. 20 plus is ok as T & L are just down the road.....
I was thinking 7.5 cr

ericg

VOC Member
I am looking for a source of 90 bore pistons specifically I am looking for a low compression on to use in my road comet which has an old racing engine as a motive source I can get one made by venola who made my methanol one but if there is a UK source my bore has only had a racing life so has no wear I can see but 10 or. 20 plus is ok as T & L are just down the road.....
I was thinking 7.5 cr
Hi Tim,
I've just purchased one 8:1 Omega 90mm piston from Conways even though they only advertise 9:1 ones.
I believe they can supply them in different CR if you ask.
If you don't have already contacted them, do it and maybe you could be lucky. But be prepared to wait if they are not in stock though.
Cheers.
Eric

vibrac

VOC Member
Thanks Eric I will try that. but if its not in stock I know what 'wait' means at Conways....
I was hoping something else did 90bore,,,

greg brillus

VOC Member
I'm trying to get CP pistons to make me a small batch of high comp pistons 12.5:1 for a 92 mm bore engine and I can't get past first base with them.

davidd

VOC Member
I'm trying to get CP pistons to make me a small batch of high comp pistons 12.5:1 for a 92 mm bore engine and I can't get past first base with them.

I know they like to have an account number, but I used Carleton's and they made me several for the racer. They also need a drawing or a piston to copy. They made 4 for me.

CP Piston 2017   1.jpg

David

greg brillus

VOC Member
Waiting to hear back from Steve Hamel now......... The chap from CP seems pretty unhelpful after the spec sheet and reference i sent him about other Vincent pistons they have made, like it's all to hard for him.

davidd

VOC Member
Waiting to hear back from Steve Hamel now......... The chap from CP seems pretty unhelpful after the spec sheet and reference i sent him about other Vincent pistons they have made, like it's all to hard for him.
I am not surprised to hear that. I think that they would respond better if you sent them a 90 mm TPV piston and told them how you wanted it modified. I think they would do it. For some reason they do not have the ability to look up pistons for Vincents and cross reference them. But, Steve Hamel should be able to help.

David