6 volt 35/35 watt H4 Bulbs

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've a chance at getting some 35w bulbs for about $10 each, but I need an order of about 100. They'll give you proper lights with a stock generator. Is anyone in North America interested?
Cheers, John

highbury731

VOC Member
If you wish to fit the bulb to a traditional headlamp, then you need a halogen bulb with the pre-focus type base. Paul Goff of Norbsa02 web site fame has suitable bulbs, not sure if he sells to the US.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
If you wish to fit the bulb to a traditional headlamp, then you need a halogen bulb with the pre-focus type base. Paul Goff of Norbsa02 web site fame has suitable bulbs, not sure if he sells to the US.

I guess if I'd known that, I wouldn't have done this.......
Vin lights 002.JPG
Vin lights 001.JPG

Cheers, John

highbury731

VOC Member
I guess if I'd known that, I wouldn't have done this.......

Cheers, John

What inserts have you added, to what shell, and how have you adapted to fit? I ask because I have a 6 1/2" Miller headlamp shell, and would like to be able to mount a modern lens.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
You need a US Spec. 7 inch split rim, or a 7" headlamp off a Velocette (I think Harper's sold these for Vincents also). The rest of it is a right hand dip "off road only" reflector/lens from J.C. Whitney. the Series D's are an easy mod. You need to drill a parking lamp hole with the ones I used. This is probably a real pain to do in the EU. That's why I asked about North American interest.
Cheers, John

highbury731

VOC Member
If you are willing to go high-tech, Truck-lite do a 7" LED insert with a 23W low beam in the top half, extra high beam in the lower half making 46W, and a pair of low power LEDs in the dividing strip for a parking lamp. Both the beam LEDs point backwards at the reflector - motor vehicle headlamps are finally catching up with bicycle technology. You need 12V and a 7" headlamp mount to use it.

Where do you get this adjustable headlamp rim from?

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I use a honda cb250n reflector this fits a 6 1/2 miller and takes I think a h2 bulb and gives a good light.

highbury731

VOC Member
I use a honda cb250n reflector this fits a 6 1/2 miller and takes I think a h2 bulb and gives a good light.

I have previously been told that Hella do (or did...) an improved lens for the Superdream, but have not found it listed by the UK Hella importer. It may be a left-hand-drive only item.