50s Bike photos

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What info are you after? Sidecar Grandpa, Dave

Sorry Dave, you won't like the answer. I was thinking of bidding for a Comet Combo on ebay, and wanted an idea of how much the Watsonian chair was worth. I would have split it and sold the chair. Does that put me in Kurtis's club?

Sidecars and I do not get on, I tried several options when the family was young, but they're just not for me.

I got to the website with the Busmar because my Dad had an M21 with a Busmar in the early 60's - memories.

H

Peter Stokes

VOC Member
What nice pictures they are. In one of the pictures there is what looks like a Wankel-engined Norton. I remember working in Handsworth, near to the police station, when the Birmingham police had a few of them, and I used to chat to the riders sometimes. I remember they used to say that those bikes were very smooth and fast, but banged on the over-run terribly.

Pete

deejay499

VOC Member
Howard. Buying an outfit and splitting it may not be a bad idea, if you get it for a sensible price in the first place, so no problem. Certainly if anyone is after an outfit, buying one already together could make sense.
Dave