5" Chronometric speedo right angle drive

54crapide

Forum User
VOC Member
The right angle gear drive on the back of my 5" Chronometric speedometer has worn out. Apparently several different versions of drive were used and the one that VOC Spares sells is different to mine. I have attached a picture of the drive to help identify it. Are these drives or parts for them available?

Attachments

• smiths drive1.jpg
    smiths drive1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 96

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
To save time and effort wasted, I would suggest you contact your local speedo repair man, as they usually have parts to suit the two common right angle drive components. One type inserts as per your one in the picture and the other type has a thumb wheel built into it that screws onto the normal input arrangement, like on the back of 3 inch chronometrics...cheers....Greg.

kettlrj

VOC Member
I have just had mine repaired by David Woods, TEL. 01243 542521.
He makes new gears for these drives. Good service, reasonable price.

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
The right angle gear drive on the back of my 5" Chronometric speedometer has worn out. Apparently several different versions of drive were used and the one that VOC Spares sells is different to mine. I have attached a picture of the drive to help identify it. Are these drives or parts for them available?

Speedograph Richfield, UK, Info@speedographrichfield.com rebuilt my gearbox some years ago. They were able to replace both gears and shafts for this early type box.