• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

47 degree cam ring wanted

billirwinnz

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Does anyone out there have a spare cam ring for an A twin mag they could sell me? My bike has been running with a 60 degree one!

A_HRD

VOC Member
Bill,
Wow! And it still ran! I guess 1/2 a degree won't really bother you then - but what you actually need is a 47 degree one...
Peter

billirwinnz

VOC Member
Thanks Peter. Where did I see 47.5? It ran surprisingly well. Actually the cam has been ground a bit on one of the lift faces to bring the timing closer. After I had timed the front cylinder I thought that I would check the rear and was surprised to find that it was way more advanced so I pulled the cam ring and put it on a protractor. I guess it had been running with one cylinder about 5 degrees advanced and the other 5 degrees retarded.

I'll take the mag out and set it up on the bench with a disk to check what is happening at the points and will hand grind it to get the right 203.5 and 156.5 separation if I can't source the correct one.

Bill

Dinny

VOC Member
Try Dave Lindsey in the UK as he replaced the cam ring on my Comet BTH. I think he makes them so he maybe able to help.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
A shame the 60 degree cam ring has been modified, I could have used that, a 50 degree one should be close enough, I don't think an A twin will notice 1-1/2 degrees advanced on one and the same retarded on the other. If you know someone in the Brough club and I assume the Morgan 3 wheeler club they will have both clockwise and anti clockwise available.