39th Carole Nash Bristol Classic Motorcycle Show 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
At the end, after the camera mount shifted, you can see the action of the forks with the JE steering head mod and the different springs and damper.

vibrac

VOC Member
Of course with UK vintage racing (I am talking BHR -VMCC) its not only original available carbs and gearbox its also 4 gears only. The trouble is that maybe perhaps the correct ruling but the number of people ready to race what have become rare historical recreations is low so you all get bundled into a single race with more modern machines where the race commentary only concentrates on the leaders and with racing numbers that give spectators no clue as to the various classes involved. At the end points are awarded in classes but that only becomes evident at the end of the season and is affected by attendance and results in a few moments at the annual dinner where prize giving extends to hours.
In a way CRMC, FIM Vintage and Landsdown series may be more enjoyable yes your machine may be 10 or twenty years out of date to the other compeditors and not an accurate representation of the original but in its updated form it does allow a race with some feedback I guess that was the calculation Mike made.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I don't know the rules that Mike races to in Belgium regarding carbs etc. but I do know that he has to use a friction steering damper, rather than a hydraulic one, which seems pretty silly to me as it is a safety item.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I've closed this, "39 Carole Nash Bristol Classic 2019" thread as it has become a racing thread. If someone wants to start a new thread about the racing content I'll move the relevant post from this thread to the new one. Alternatively, if David doesn't mind I'll just change the thread title to include Flash/Comet racer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.