davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A few nice Vincent photos in here:

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Hells teeth never did a Grey Flash engine come with such a shine and to think of the trouble I went to keep mine a nice dull patina:eek:, gearbox has me guessing looks like it actually races I wonder where?..
That delayed Show was a big disappointment a lot of money to get in not a lot of stalls lots of sweets, and other non motorcycle rubbish good club presence but I wont go again..

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Pity to hear that -missed it due to an op, but enjoyed it the previous year. Now that Flash, practical performance upgrades, detailed mods and bespoke parts, labour of love. Can't place the gearbox though, doesn't look either Albion or Burman from this angle -and be curious about Carb choice?..likely because I'm there with my Comet build...10TT or Modern Amal...hmmm.

timetraveller

VOC Member
That might be Mike Hawthorne's bike. If it is then it has broken his class track record for two different tracks in Belgium, revs up to 8,000 and carries an inch and a half GP. If it is his bike then I have never seen so many holes drilled in engine internals in any other bike. Spectacular.

A_HRD

VOC Member
I just blew-up the photo for a better look-see. It has a concentric eccentric and a huge black front damper.
Peter B

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes but what gearbox?
And it does seem also that if it has a GP carb that the continentals are a lot more lenient that the UK in their interpretation of what a 1949 racing motorcycle was fitted with

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Where have you been ??, We have seen so much about it and videos of him racing, The gearbox is Triumph.
Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
Michael is very fast. I don't think the bike is classed. It is a big bore, so it is difficult to compare to other bikes. The work is great.

I think Max called off the Bonneville attempt for 2018. I think he is still finishing the bike.

Instead of lots of little holes Mike put one big one in the RFM pivot! 8" rear brake, also.

David

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Been some advancements in approaches to tuning over the last 70 years, I'm curious -not that I want another race tuned bike on the road...that '81 factory Yoshi Kat 11 I turned up with at the Severn rally last year was a handful. But a few discreet practical mods wouldn't be out of place, racing advancement knowledge trickle-down and all that... One of the links Bill indicated to...
https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/threads/mike-hawthorne-gedinne-2017.9173/

Status
Not open for further replies.