35 Series A oil tank

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have not found a need for anything on a Vincents oil feed yet* but I have a KSS Velo which is prone to sump filling, realistically its only after a few days in the garage so if its going to bed I turn off the oil tank tap and a curly worley key lead comes from there to a hole in the front brake lever I cant get on the bike without uncliping the lead thus remembering to turn the tap and securing the lead to the saddle back.
*In the spring I do need to drain the sump and pop it back in the top (I change the oil in the autumn before the lay up)

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I had to do a quick engine strip back in January (number 7th time since 1964) thankfully not to replace a bottom end, just mains as when removing magnetic sump plug to do oil change steel cage material came with it, with crank removed the `C/case flat on bench screwed in slide hammer into oil pump sleave and came so easily the sleave flange dinged onto the G50 plate damaging the sleave, so reassembling I had to fit a mish mash of pump shaft and sleave from old used bits box, consquently it sumps with in a week ! so did the same as I did to Old Harry with linked rod from petrol cock to additional cock in oil line. Simple like my self. Can't go with out fuel ! Six days off the road, quickest I've ever done it but fitted bronze caged bearings (old stock) and getting more difficult to find, and more expensive too.
bananaman