ET: Engine (Twin) 32mm Amal premier Concentrics

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The front cylinder is at about 1 turn out and the rear is 1.5 out I’m thinking it needs more fuel or though it seems to be spitting back more on from cylinder then rear. I should mention I have not widened th manifold at all which could be a issue considering it’s going from 28mm manifold to 32mm on carby
Why did u do this?

favouritepants

Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry , If it's spitting back, It's weak, So forget what I said about 3 1/2 slide.
Maybe an air leak, Maybe too far retarded on the ignition, Was it OK before you fitted new Carb's ?.
Don't worry about the change in shape on the manifold.
Are the carb's sitting straight and level ish ?.
The other thing is float height ?.
Is this a tuned Engine, Or standard ?.
Cheers Bill.
Standard engine has been sitting in pieces for quite some time just had overhaul pistons guides valves springs.carbs are straight quite certain no leaks but I will swap carbs around as I’m not getting a lot of response out of mixture on front carb. I will also check float level. I also thought maybe the 17 pilot may need to increase to maybe a 19 which the premier Concentrics have now
Cheers bill

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A 25 pilot might be worth trying, That's what a lot of people use on Mk1 and mk2 Amals.
Cheap and easy to try.
I was playing with a friends Mk2's the other day, And wanted to try 30, Because in would only run about a 1/4 out, But I ran out of time, And it ran OK on the road.
Just a thought, There is a tube in the middle of the Carb, Which is different for 2 strokes and another one for Norton's etc, I will find you the web site.