2WD Rokon Video

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I've seen two in Honuras C.A. at a place called Tela where we use to tie along side a wooden pier, Chiquita used them on the plantations as tractors towing bananas or equipment along the rows and rows of plants. Even tried to buy one as they seem to be able to get any where, but only at the speed of a tractor. The Tela pier burnt down in the late seventies or early eighties then we had to pick up bananas in Porto Cortes three hours steaming away. I wonder if a Comet engine could be fitted into one?
bananaman

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Cannot say they impressed me at all
very heavy, on obstacles any modern rear wheel drive pogo stick trials bike would out perform them.
I have seen light trial chassis 2WD with swash plate hydraulic drive front and rear that means of course that the engine can be constant and drive - speed is varied via the variable swash plates

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Big advantage with these is they float if you fall off in a river. You can also fill the tyres with petrol for long distance rides. They are not an ideal trail bike but good in desert country. I prefer my TY250 but hey, I'll try (nearly) anything at least once.