2014 Rudge Lap of Honour at the MGP

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

I have been asked to post the following message on this forum because there is a chance that forum members may own a Rudge, or a machine with a Python (Rudge) engine, who may be interested in riding in a closed roads parade lap on the IOM TT course at this year's Classic TT (MGP):-

Dear Friend,

The Blackchurch Racing Association are very excited to announce that we have organised a Rudge Lap of Honour to be held at the MGP in August 2014. It is to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Rudge’s first win and the 80th anniversary of Rudge’s last win at on the famous TT Circuit.

This lap is open to all Rudge motorcycles and also to all Rudge - Python engine motorcycles. We are particularly interested in having Racing motorcycles and earlier Rudge’s taking part. However all Rudge’s are welcome!

Date: 23rd of August 2013
Time: TBA – will be AM
Price: £200.00 for the lap. (This fee is 100% to the MGP organisers, no % is taken by the Blackchurch)

GEAR: You will need one piece leathers, leather gloves, full face helmet and the bike has to pass Parade Scrutineering.
If you are interested in taking part please contact Edward Byrne is the Secretary of the Blackchurch Racing Association. His contact details are at the bottom of the page.

Places are limited and almost 25% of them are filled already, so please act quickly!

We have also been able to negotiate a special deal with the Owners of the Ballamor Camping site. They are delighted to host anyone participating in the Blackchurch Racing Association Rudge Lap of Honour for the duration of their stay whether they are taking part in the lap or not. This is possibly the best campsite on the Island. It has excellent facilities, is family friendly and is secure.

There will be rideouts organised from the Ballmoar campsite to take in the many Vintage events taking part in the 2 week MGP Festival.

The Rate is: £6.00 per Person, per night.

Electrical hook up is £6.00 per night if you have a camper van!

To book, contact STEVE who owns the Ballmoar Campsite. His email is steve@ballamoar.ie

Please mention you are part of the BLACKCHURCH RACING ASSOCIATION RUDGE LAP.

vibrac

VOC Member
Python HRD are eligible then!
I must say my racing experience of the 500 Ulster I built was disappointing, after the mid thirties they got overweight and slow something that happened to many machines over the years eg: square fours , Douglas post war twins,and many others. Even detractors of the series D cannot accuse Vincent twins of that error.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Vibrac, " after the mid thirties they got overweight and slow" Are you talking of the bikes or the riders?:D:D:D

vibrac

VOC Member
Vibrac, " after the mid thirties they got overweight and slow" Are you talking of the bikes or the riders?:D:D:D
In the context I ment the bikes and anyway
Harold Daniel was on the plump side and wore glasses but he wasnt slow and SMB was not overweight or slow but both were over 30

johncrispin

VOC Member
Python HRD are eligible then!
I must say my racing experience of the 500 Ulster I built was disappointing, after the mid thirties they got overweight and slow something that happened to many machines over the years eg: square fours , Douglas post war twins,and many others. Even detractors of the series D cannot accuse Vincent twins of that error.

Difficult to compare but having owned 500 Rudges of the lighter pre 37 type and now owning my second late Ulster ( 38) , it is maybe a bit heavier, but have a much better frame and forks. For real world old biking a really nice planted and fast machine, not slow, take it for a spin if you like, then tell me if its slow. I have to say it would leave my Comet in the exhaust fumes, trouble is its rigid so the Comet scores on that. I love em both.