2013 Manx GP

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I may have the opportunity to attend the Manx GP next year. I see that this year, the racing was on 25/8 through 31/8, so I assume those are the prime days to attend. Is anyone planning this far in advance or have any recommendations on where to stay, etc?

Also, what is the recommended ferry line to take from Dublin?

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Big changes to the Manx next year looks like more emphasis on weekend racing and a split between old and new races as there is also a chance of a comet in the classic races I am holding fire until it all becomes clear
(Have'nt checked the web for a week or so)

motoholic

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi ,
I was at the MGP this year and we had a very nice appartement with 4 friends at Gloucester House, at the Loch Promenade in Douglas. Can be recommended.

Regards

motoholic

vincenttwin

VOC Member
Bruce
If you are going that far ,you need to go to the Irish Vintage rally Aug 26-30 in Killarney ,I will be there on my B.
cheers
Peter

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is what I have so far from the VMCC/Manx point of View but wait and see is still the best policy

The details of the Rally are still provisional, but it looks as if it will run from Thursday 22nd Aug - Thursday 29th. The Parade lap will be on Saturday 24th with the Festival of Jurby on Sunday August 25th, those dates are definite. The Parade briefing might be on the Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd. The Regularity run will be three laps of the original TT Course starting at Tynwald [that was the timed lap this year] will probably run on Thursday 22nd or possibly Tuesday 27th [still to be decided] and the gala Dinner will probably be on Thursday 29th.
In the air a bit as we are waiting for the Government to publish their plans, these will be announced by October St
afford.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Bruce,
If you firm up to go (of course you should), then PM me as I can give you a view on where to go, what to do, what not to do, where to eat, where to stay, what to see and more.

Have been last 5 years and watched the IoM continue to evolve.

There are a range of "must do's".

And contact Martin Warr and buy a copy of his 3 DVD set from 2011 showing the VMCC Rally, the Island and of course my full Closed Roads Parade lap on the Rapide 35 mins 22 seconds including a pause on the Mountain....and it felt much faster.

Gotta do it, you just gotta do it.

You shouldn't hang around, ferry sailings fill up by Christmas this year and accomodation is often booked from one year to the next.

Cheers

Stuart

vibrac

VOC Member
Just wait till end of month for correct dates
Its NOT going to be business as before if all the statements are to be belived