2008 North American Rally report

vincenttwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We would like to thank everyone who attended the 2008 North AMerican Rally in Colorado for making this event so much fun. We had 160 people registered for the event with 56 Vincents presenting themselves for the showing in Central City and approximately 75 Vincents in all. The weather held out to make our daily runs picture perfect and the evenings were spent socializing and making new friends. We would like to thank our sponsors and raffle prize contributors for making this rally a sucess. We would also like to give a huge "Thank You" to all our helpers who without all their hard work we would not have been able to pull this off.
Our little national rally blossomed into one that hosted people from all over the US, as well as Canada, Austrailia, New Zealand,Germany, England and Ireland.
I have been asked who were the award winners. They are as follows...

North American Rally
Central City Mayors Award- Gene Brown - Lightning Replica.

Best in Show Somer Hooker- C Shadow

Special Award biggest oil stain Jack Wells he will get a Conways Anti sumping Valve.

Phil Vincent Award for life time Vincent achievements. Marty Dickerson

Singles
1st John Martin (the valve man) - C Comet
2nd Jack Wells - C Comet

Series A -Peter Allen 36 Comet

Series B
1st Bryan Bossier - B Shadow
2nd Robert Watson - B Shadow

Series C
1st Somer Hooker - C Shadow
2nd Sam Whiteside- C Shadow

Series D
1st Bill Weissman D Rapide
2nd Wayne Steiner D Shadow.

Specials
Denny Delzer Godet Egli
Chris Kleps Slater Elgi Shadow.

After our national rally about 25 Vincents were invited to show their Vincents at the Rocky Mountain Concours De'Elegance in Colorado Springs. This elegant event was held at the Broadmoor Hotel in grand fashion. A few were fortunate enough to come home with a few more awards. They are..

Rocky Mountain Concourse Award winners....

Twins
Grand Champion - Bryan Bossier B Shadow
Best in Class - Sam Manganaro D Knight
Rocky Mountain merit awards Bar Hodgson C Rapide
Sam Whiteside B Shadow.
Singles
Grand Champion - Robert Watson - C Gray Flasher
Best in Class - Peter Allen - A Comet.
Merit Award- Jack Wells- C Comet.

For those of you who missed this event or forgot to order your video while you were here, the university media students who filmed the event and are making it into a documentary DVD are still taking orders. They are using our event as a project that they will receive university credit for.Here is the web site where you can place orders

http://www.vocrally08.com/

Thanks again for coming and we both look forward to seeing you at a future events
Thanks again
Peter and Mickey Allen
Vincenttwin@aol.com

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Sorry Peter but my B isn't a Shadow but a black cased B Rapide, and the Grey Flasher really has been known as the Grey FlUsh for many years!! Ah well. It was all good fun

Robert

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I know, I know, fooled a couple of people, but I did it purely as a replica (sort of) with a bike that is probably made up from 10 or more machines. Cases, covers,frames, cycle parts from all over. It is my attempt at "Onedownsmanship"!

Watch out for JRO 100 coming from S Cal!

Robert