20"Front tyres

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Bruce, I can buy them cheaper including the freight direct from the UK.

Anybody get a special discount from Vintage Tyre??

vibrac

VOC Member
Avons still are producing large batches to order and the large orders eminate from firms like central wheels, its just that they are not on the 'production stock' lists

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
From what I know the 20" inch is only in a rib pattern with tread depth of 3.5 mm,,21" gives one a better choice of manufacture and tread patterns I've been going for the Avon Distanzia with much more tread depth on a WM 3 rim or wider the max recommended being 2.5" much more support better ride and more readily available, no other choice if you want value for money.
bananaman

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
I too have gone to 21" front as I kept having issues with the 20" avons, I was only getting about 3-4k miles out of them, one had to be returned as it had a bulge and another turned out to be out of round and so on. I figured I would have more tyre choice with the 21 but the one I have fitted (avon roadrunner) has not got any significant wear on it yet (about 5k miles so far) so no reason to try another type yet. Bike handles just fine with this set up, can't think of a downside really.