1979 International Rally.

deejay499

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There is a 1979 international badge for sale on eBay at the moment with only a few hours to go. I have no idea who is selling it.

Thank you Simon. I have contacted the seller and hope to get it..

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I am very pleased to say that I have had a generous offer of one by a V.O.C member. I am truly delighted. Thank you very much.
During the time when Angela and me were Regalia Stock Controllers we had those badges made as we did for Shadow Lake in '77.They were made by G S Lewis in Birmingham,a good company to deal with.We would supply a rough idea of what we wanted and they would come back with some artwork for our approval.If satisfactory an order was placed and duly delivered in time for the Rally.

vibrac

VOC Member
Thats something the club could do if we finaly get a regalia officer again. All these sections getting their own separate rally tee shirts and badges done when they could get the individual designs all done centrally and we could press the .big quantity =overall discount' button

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thats something the club could do if we finaly get a regalia officer again. All these sections getting their own separate rally tee shirts and badges done when they could get the individual designs all done centrally and we could press the .big quantity =overall discount' button
Tim, The main reason local section get tee shirts etc done themselves is any money generated stays in the section and helps fund the local section and their rally costs. If you centeralise it then the local sections loose out, unless the main club is going to finance local section rallies.

Two or 3 years ago the East Midlands section had some polo shirts done with their section name on them and they were done local somewhere near Chesterfield. The polo shirts are a good quality and the cost at the time was £17 per shirt. Compare that to what the regalia prices are currently for a polo shirt.

Colin

VOC Member
Hi Dave
I am an avid collector of Vincent badges, etc and have a fair number of duplicates for swops. Maybe something you are interested in. If it happens, I'l bring them to The All Fools Meet. Hope to see you there