1973 North American Vincent rally Photos

Keith Martin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Found these photos from the 1973 American rally. The one was used on the cover of MPH 296. I also have 8mm film from the 1972 Rally being converted to digital. Hope to post it also.

Scan.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Is that Bert Weisz on the left in the lower pic? I forwarded the link to this page to Phil Mahood for comment.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
First I’ve heard of a rally in 1972. 73 and 74 were Welland, Ontario, correct? Where was it in 72?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Per Phil:

In front of the truck ..

Bert Weisz, Barry "The Colonel" Norton, Richard "Crasher" Lobb, Phil Mahood, George "Flasher" Scott, John Andrews.

Top Picture ...
George Scott, Bruce Wynn, Richard Lobb, Barry Norton, Craig Murdock, Phil Mahood, Glenn Cavers, Dennis ???, Bill Zimmer,

Keith Martin

VOC Member
information on 72/73 Vincent rallies held at Bass Lake. All of this is from the Craig Murdoch collection. I have much more from many rallies. I am not that good at scanning and uploading so I hope this works correctly.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    261.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Scan 2.pdf
    255.9 KB · Views: 8

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks Keith. Those scans are from what is now the So Cal section, but I was not a member until 1980. They had yearly rallies at Bass Lake on Labor Day weekend for many years. They were separate from the rallies called North American rallies, which I believe started with the 1973 Welland rally. I have copies of the Western US/So Cal section newsletters going back to late 1967, from Bill Easter. I will be starting a “50 Years Ago” column in our monthly section newsletter, K17.

The name changed from Western US to So Cal in May 1977.

Looking forward to seeing more from the Murdoch collection.