1954 Puch 250 SGS song

Shanghai

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I guess everyone knows the song 1952 Vincent Black Lightning well here is a new version featuring a 1954 Puch 250SGS.
Its in German with a heavy, heavy, HEAVY Austrian dialect but you get the idea.
p.s. I have a 1952 Vincent Rapide and a 1954 Puch 250 SGS and can confirm a top speed of the 250SGS as 110km/h lying on the tank with a tail wind :) .
Click the link and enjoy.

1954 Puch 250SGS

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
I guess everyone knows the song 1952 Vincent Black Lightning well here is a new version featuring a 1954 Puch 250SGS.
Its in German with a heavy, heavy, HEAVY Austrian dialect but you get the idea.
p.s. I have a 1952 Vincent Rapide and a 1954 Puch 250 SGS and can confirm a top speed of the 250SGS as 110km/h lying on the tank with a tail wind :) .
Click the link and enjoy.

1954 Puch 250SGS
One day we may swap and you can ride my Maico. It would be interesting to compare 250s from a similar time.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think that is brilliant, wonder if they could remake the video using the real thing, did Richard Thompson get any royalties?

Shanghai

VOC Member
Looks like he did get royalties as the below is in the credits.

Text & Musik: Richard Thompson.
© Beeswing Music / BMG Bumblebee (BMG Rights Management (US) LLC.)
Mit freundlicher Genehmigung von BMG Rights Management GmbH

Len Matthews

VOC Member
N
I've been using an MZ TS250 as my second bike for 30 years. Security isn't a problem. No self respecting bike thief would be seen dead on it! Cheers, Stu.
Nothing wrong with MZ's Stu.I had two of them and found them to be a pleasure to ride once you had got rid of the poor quality East German bearings, final drive chain and tyres.