1952 Black Shadow for sale

cord810

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am the current owner of 1952 Vincent Black Shadow ser# F10AB1B8667, this bike was totally restored by Lincoln Beard in the mid-80s sorted completely and then gas removed and tank cleaned and sealed, stored indoors in a heated and air conditioned envoirnment since. Beard who I am told was/is a very well respected expert Vincent restorer in this area of the country (USA,central Ohio), and used ALL NOS parts from the Vincent dealers John and Harry Bellville of Marysville Ohio in the total nut and bolt restoration of this Shadow.
The bike was inspected recently by the Director of the American Motorcycle Association Museum, located here in Central Ohio, and ALL serial numbers are correct for all components.
I have decided tosell this Shadow, and will entertain offers in the +/- 100k range.
Michael S. Smith
cord810@earthlink.net

Vince Farrell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The bike was inspected recently by the Director of the American Motorcycle Association Museum, located here in Central Ohio, and ALL serial numbers are correct for all components.

How does he know they are correct, has he got the factory records?

Last edited by a moderator:

bmetcalf

VOC Member
How does he know they are correct, has he got the factory records?

Probably has the ultra-secret "1900" key. Of course, Beard could have corresponded with the Machine Registrar and done a very thorough job. Somer Hooker advises that the fellow did visit the Belleville emporium for parts a lot. (Belleville bought out Indian's Vincent stock.)

A friend's very nice B Rap dropped quite a number of points after being judged in two successive years by the AMCA, because the judge had read up over the winter, but had a superficial knowledge of what is "correct".

Howard

VOC Member
Might be best if the AMA museum bought it. I for one would be loath to use it without stripping the engine, that's a lot of money for a motorcycle that's been standing for 25 years.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I would like very much to know what differentiates this machine from the one that the AMA raffled off last year..that one was rebuilt by the best there are..and sold for approximately $77,000.00 U.S..

Bracker1

VOC Member
The 100k is still a better investment than the Mutual Frauds I had. I lost more than my share in the collapse of the stock market, but my Vincent seems to have appreciated. Plus, I get to enjoy the investment, rather than see my money squandered by banks, etc. Wish I had the cash, the bike sounds pretty nice. Hopefully new owner will ride, but at that number I fear another museum piece. Safe riding, Dan

peterg

Non-VOC Member
..touring configuration

Howdy Bob,

It's a culture thing over here. Just as a true (valuable) Porsche is powered by an air cooled opposed piston motor, regardless of the merits of any of the waterpumpers produced over the years, a Vin - and especially a Black Shadow with such sporting pretensions - must have Birmabrights and preferably 20/19's, not the relatively obscure touring configuration.

Viewed this machine for the first time at the Mid Ohio Vin gathering in 98(?) when just completed and it had lost none of its luster in the interim when displayed by the AMA at Daytona in 2008. A very nice machine indeed.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I have seen many items offered for sale over the years...the value of them is established by the marketplace, not by the seller. As a salesman, I know this all too well. I have no doubt that this is a magnificent machine..the marketplace will be the final arbiter of what its value is..I wish the gentlemen the very best of luck - and I wish there were some photos for us to drool over.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Don't quite get your comment. A seller can has an asking price which prospective buyers either pay or don't. They are entitled to make offers which the seller either accepts or doesn't ! However , an auction without reserve would allow the market at that time to decide a price.

cord810

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am the current owner of 1952 Vincent Black Shadow ser# F10AB1B8667, this bike was totally restored by Lincoln Beard in the mid-80s sorted completely and then gas removed and tank cleaned and sealed, stored indoors in a heated and air conditioned envoirnment since. Beard who I am told was/is a very well respected expert Vincent restorer in this area of the country (USA,central Ohio), and used ALL NOS parts from the Vincent dealers John and Harry Bellville of Marysville Ohio in the total nut and bolt restoration of this Shadow.
I have decided tosell this Shadow, and will entertain offers in the +/- 100k range.
Michael S. Smith
cord810@earthlink.net

This is not the bike that was raffled off by AMA, this bike has not been seen in public since 1986