Misc: Everything Else 1951 Black Shadow Restoration

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Greg, Thanks for your help and tips. I purchased one new rear "solo" spring and compared to existing spring, they both looked same. I have a spring rater press and will check them. I did not have any lower covers, so these are both new. Also had to purchase a couple of spring "claws" Wow they seemed spendy.

I have a new in box set of Works Performance custom Vincent damper/spring units for this app. I prefer the twin shocks rather converting to a single.

20210204_springbox1-jpg.40212

craig

VOC Member
Received my first (of two) Covid vaccine today, so now I am bulletproof.
You had to be older than a Series B Vincent to qualify.
It was a two part hypo draw from these two vials.
No free doughnuts and coffee after waiting 2 hrs in a car to be called in
20210206_Vial1Pfizer.jpg
20210206_Vial2Pfizer.jpg

craig

VOC Member
Looking on to the head lamp, harness and switches. I do have an original Miller sealed beam and harness from a USA Shadow.

I haven't shopped for years, who can supply the rubber covered black wire to build the main 4 wire harness? Not the sheath, just the wire.

20210206_BlackShadowMiller1.jpg

6 volt sealed beam bulb with no alignment tits. very specific Mazda bulb from1951

Last edited:

greg brillus

VOC Member
Some seller on the UK eBay sight that sells the modern equivalent to the rubber coated wire........sells a lot of stuff for restoring classic British cars........This has a silicone outer, only available in black and red (like a burgundy color)........You should use 5 wires if you can....... Battery +ve and -ve, charge output wire from regulator, Tail light, and horn push button wire.

vibrac

VOC Member
Received my first (of two) Covid vaccine today, so now I am bulletproof.
You had to be older than a Series B Vincent to qualify.
It was a two part hypo draw from these two vials.
No free doughnuts and coffee after waiting 2 hrs in a car to be called in
Celebration on first injection is premature it takes 2 weeks to run it in (Bit like my first bike) I am into my 3rd week since jab I wont be entirely happy untill the second jab April, May? (in time for first Landsdowne event?)

craig

VOC Member
Working up a wiring plan for reviving a sealed beam head lamp.
I have an original harness to copy.

BSSealedBeamHarnessDraw.jpg

craig

VOC Member
Where is found an excellent replacement for the three cable harness from sealed beam head lamp to Miller dip switch?
This is very flexible harness about 0.270" in outer diameter with the three wire all appearing to be about 18awg.

20210208_D2MillerBSSealedBeamDimmer1.jpg

Last edited: