1950 Vincent "Red Rockwt Comet - $30,000

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Interesting history. Seems someone just wants to cut their losses as it sold for $30,000 plus premium last year.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Currently listed on evil bay with 13 bids at $24,100 reserve not met. I don't think he's trying to cut his losses I think he's going for a profit as he's lowered his reserve, supposedly, by $10,000 and it's a re-listing. He makes no mention that he has it for sale locally on craig's list and reserves the right to end the auction should he sell it locally. Myself I think he's fishing to see what interest there is in the bike and how his investment is doing. Possibly to use as collateral to secure a loan for another business venture? Which is fine, it's his bike to do as he likes with and that's how business works. Lenders want proof that collateral is worth what you say claim it is worth.
That's my theory anyway. I'm going to watch it on both and see if it sells.
Steven
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vincent-Com...e895e91e5&item=131153695205&pt=US_motorcycles

Ducdude

VOC Member
Thanks, does not seem (to my eye any way) to be that special. If a nice rider in good condition goes for $25k or so what would make a trashed racer that has little to no provenance of note be worth more than a streetable runner; or is that why it is not selling at the owners preconceived notion of value?
Ciao
Eric

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Thanks, does not seem (to my eye any way) to be that special. If a nice rider in good condition goes for $25k or so what would make a trashed racer that has little to no provenance of note be worth more than a streetable runner; or is that why it is not selling at the owners preconceived notion of value?
Ciao
Eric
Bingo we have a winner! I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
Steven

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
That's why I think he's fishing. It isn't worth what streetable runner is worth and he's trying to up interest to either use it as collateral or wash his hands of it.
Steven