1950 Comet mains

Tug Wilson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Having searched my baskets I have no main brgs for comparison. I believe I need 1xET91, 2xET92 and 1xET94 "outer"? Can anyone help with R@M numbers or equivilants as I have 3 boxes of assorted "new" bearings in my garage. I would hate to order new and find I had some already!

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Tug, Please do yourself a favour and go and buy a copy of Vincent Motorcycles by Paul Richardson, as all the information you want is in there. This answer is not meant to be rude or short, but for the sake of a few pounds, a wealth of information can be had at your fingertips. This answer applies to many of the other Non Member technical enquiry postings on this forum. Respectfully, Phil Primmer, ET43.

Tug Wilson

Non-VOC Member
Apology

Having searched my baskets I have no main brgs for comparison. I believe I need 1xET91, 2xET92 and 1xET94 "outer"? Can anyone help with R@M numbers or equivilants as I have 3 boxes of assorted "new" bearings in my garage. I would hate to order new and find I had some already!

Thank you Phil, I have a copy (2nd edition 1960) and you are correct, page 216 shows 4 makers of mains.
It's a poor excuse but I only looked in the index not the appendix. Many thanks.