1948 Earles Court Show

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
PHI Autobiography the first 7 singles were rushed to the show , they had series A foot brake pedals, Vincent HRD gallery . E bay last week part of engine no1 was sold 2178 Pounds

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes and thank you Vincents for getting them there,I had to find a dated picture from a 'green' un to prove our comet was eligible for the up to 48 (including) racing class. They were not happy bunnies. Nowadays they would be glad to see any bike from pre 1950, some meetings have a job to fill the grid.
Too many promenade percys worring about numbers.....

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The year we run the Norton International at Daytona we wound up with a 10 over all standing for the year. Entering only 3 of the 15 scheduled races . We had two firsts and one second, one of the first place wins came from being ask if we wanted to run the pre 40 bike in the C class race to fill the grid , that would be the long stroke Inter single cammer against the short stroke double knockers, Furys, Flashes G50s---. it was just one of those days, at the start of the race the field had at least 15 mph on us , the fast boys started dropping out and falling off. We won the darn thing, Marchello our rider was one happy DUDE.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Max, If you go down to the bottom of the page, You see 4 things, General chat, Tech chat, Club chat or Everything else, Click on what ever you want to talk about, Then in the top right corner click, " Post new thread", Hope that works, Good luck, Bill.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
When they were returned to the factory after the show F52/13 were then fitted. note B RFM will not fit a 500 unless you cut of cable holder, later replaced with cotton reels each side of RFM also RFM made 5/8th inch longer

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
As I indicated a couple of weeks back, I think this "first Meteor" engine number is dodgy for at least two reasons. I will not give these reasons because that only makes fraud easier, but look at the pictures and see if you agree! I contacted the seller and he told me the mating no. "1" was stamped behind the cylinder. That is one clue.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Crankcases come in from John Dales foundry as halves they were mated up and numbered in goods inward store, before being sent to machine shop. the next time they were together as a pair was in engine assembly so that's why there is no sequences, and were stamped with engine number by the foreman of the section when engine was completed