1000cc Clutch Pushrod Diameter

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello Youngjohn, according to K.T.B., the diameter is 6.1/32 inches. It is better split in half and seperated by a 1/4 x 1/4 inch roller. ET43

Howard

VOC Member
Yes Youngjohn, I think Oldphil had a senior moment. Pretty sure it's 1/4" dia but I'm having a bad week too.

Oldhoward

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello John, I think Norman = Timetrav' said when he did his Mod' on the thrust race that there is a funny size that is about, Look up Clutch pushrod Mods, Cheers Bill.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Today I learnt what a Pratt was! Sorry, must remember to put brain in to gear before pressing keys. However, I used a 1/4 inch silver steel rod for years with no detrimental effects. ET43

Howard

VOC Member
Don't beat yourself up over it Phil. You obviously meant mm not inches. Kids of today won't remember the old 6 1/32 mm silver steel rod we used to use - nice slide fit in 1/4" bore.

H

John Cone

VOC Member
Further to my question on the one piece lighting clutch plate,( another thread) I have just had a measure of the clutch pushrod hole/tunnel using my christian size drill bits and found it to be 17/64 and that to me is a near to 7mm as you can get. I will try and use this in an attempt to lift the outer plate squarer before going for the Norman mod.

vibrac

VOC Member
A caution its easy to mix 6mm silversteel with 1/4 and normally everything is OK
BUT never never do this when timing a BT-H only use 6mm size does matter