07 IOM Parade Lap Video

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There were a couple of people with camera's strapped on the bikes

I'm got Martin's DVD and watched it twice - fantastic, so sorry I missed it but at least have got myself together to book for the Manx this year.

There are a couple of bikes that go through shot with camcorders strapped to the tank - one specifically you can read the rider number as he pulls into the pit lane at the end of the lap.

I wonder if we could use the organisers to track him down through his rider number and see if his footage is usable.

That plus anything else that comes to light might mean a version 7 of the Warr DVD which is just great and I'd add my thanks to Martin for taking the time and effort to produce it for us all.

Cheers

Stuart

Gerry Jenkinson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC IoM Parade Video

Apologies for my long silence, elderly parent problems.

Currently adding additional footage taken by Michael Farwell from a bike mounted camera of the familiarisation /stamp collecting lap. He was the mystery rider, Number 3, I was enquiring about. I spotted his bike cam whilst pausing the edit. Thanks to Ian Savage for the ID.

Where its at.
I have edited a 40 minute version from 8 peoples videos in which no one is cut out. Anything that was filmed is in it apart from shots of the grass or where its too blurred to recognise the rider/bike.
This has coverage of;
On bike video collecting stickers on open roads. 1 Camera
Scrutineering and bits of the Manx GP racing, 2 Cameras
Leaving Quarterbridge, 2 cameras.
Parade passing 'Joeys' (Above Ramsey) ,1 Camera
Parade passing Bungalow (Mountain), 1 Camera
Arrival at the finish/pits, 1 Camera
followed by
Ramsey Sprint (Bikes Ancient & Modern) from 6 camera positions.
There are no stills, its all movie, cutting back and forth between locations. Dave Lancaster has recorded the commentary. Musical underscore.

Secondly I have done a 15 minute version. More watchable if the viewer is not Vincent addicted. No Music just engine noise, some commentary at the beginning and end.

Finally I am currently reducing that to 3 minutes to go on YouTube. Work in progress.

All three versions will be on the DVD which should be ready in mid Febuary. Unfortunately I have only just spoken to Graham Smith who will mention it in March MPH as I have missed the deadline for Febuary MPH.

If anyone else has film its not too late to add it. On which note, apologies to the person on the return ferry (by the funnel) who offered footage but whose contact details I lost! (Packaging Machinery Engineer?)

My contact details are
07905 512021
gerry@gelx.co.uk
www.gerryjenkinson.co.uk

Gerry